Southern Africa Youth Project has published the Call for Proposals for Women Resilience in Kenya closing date 22 March 2021
Southern Africa Youth Project publishes over 100 000 Funding Opportunities, Donor Directories, Tender Documents, Proposals Templates. To access these benefits visit our menu.
PLEASE SEE MORE OPPORTUNITIES BELOW
- Eligible Country: Kenya
- Closing Date: 22 March 2021
- Categories of Organisations: All organisations
- Opportunity Type: Call for proposal
- Submit Application: Online
- Inviting Company/Donor: UN WOMEN
- Website for Application and information: Click Here
UN WOMEN Kenya Country Office invites qualified parties to submit Technical and Financial Proposals to provide services associated with the UN-WOMEN requirement for Responsible Party for the project, “Enhancing Women’s Resilience in Refugee Camps and Host Communities”.
- The budget range for this proposal should be Min. USD 100,000 — Max. USD 500,000 over the course of 2 years. For a proposal containing infrastructural components towards support of project implementation (specifically, the establishment of an auto repair and maintenance garage and/or the establishment of a multi-purpose centre), the maximum budget will be USD 1,000,000.
- The award will cover a period of 24 months from 3 May 2021 – 30 april 2023.
- Women-led and women’s rights organizations, including civil society, that are legally registered in Kenya, that have specialised knowledge, expertise and track record of working in women’s human rights, peace and security, humanitarian action and Disaster Risk Reduction programming, including but not limited to: non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations and advocacy networks (at national or sub-national level).
- Youth led and Youth focused organizations that are legally registered in Kenya and have specialized knowledge, expertise and track record of working on youth and girls’ rights
- Organizations working in marginalized and hard to reach areas in line with lN013-principle
- International and national civil society organizations that are legally registered in Kenya, have presence in the focused counties and have a strong track record of programming on gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Operational research institutions who have technical expertise on gender equality
- Extensive experience working on women, peace and security and humanitarian action in Kenya
- Experience working on gender equality and the empowerment of women agenda and strengthening women’s movements and networks coordination at local and national level.
- Extensive experience in working with community and national CSOs and international NGOs on gender equality and empowerment of women in any of the above outcomes.
- Extensive experience in working in both refugee camps and targeted counties. Having presence of not less than 12 months prior to this call (including an office and resident staff).
- Experience of working with marginalized groups following the Leaving No One Behind (LN013) principle, especially persons with disabilities.
- Extensive experience in project management – planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building.
- Experience in developing and implementing successful long-term advocacy and communication strategies on gender equality and women’s empowerment issues