Human Rights and Justice Program of the International Renaissance Foundation, Project of the United Nations Development Program in Ukraine “Civil Society for the Development of Democracy and Human Rights in Ukraine” announce Contest “Respect for human rights and the administration of justice in the context of armed conflict in Ukraine”.
The Purpose of the competition is to support the activities of civil society organizations to create the conditions for the implementation of the basic elements of transitional justice in Ukraine, in particular:
- Protection and restoration of violated rights in the context of armed conflict
- Prosecution of perpetrators of mass violations of human rights, including war crimes and crimes against humanity
- Ensuring the right to know the truth about the events of the armed conflict
- Building effective cooperation with national and international bodies investigating crimes committed in armed conflict on the territory of Ukraine and in territories not under the control of the Government of Ukraine;
- Promoting the implementation of international human rights law, international humanitarian law, international criminal law in Ukrainian law and the practice of national justice bodies;
- Analysis and evaluation of state actions to document and investigate human rights violations, war crimes, crimes against humanity; developing, disseminating and facilitating the implementation of recommendations by government agencies to optimize investigations;
- Promoting the participation of public organizations in the formation of appropriate state registers of victims of armed conflict;
- Support and empower victims in transitional justice, including vulnerable groups and women;
- Conducting informational, educational and communication campaigns / activities on the implementation of transitional justice mechanisms both among the authorized entities responsible for the protection of human rights and among citizens.
- The total budget of the competition is UAH 4,200,000.
- The maximum budget of the project proposal should not exceed – UAH 700,000.
- The maximum project implementation period is 12 months.
- Non-profit organizations, in particular charitable organizations, public associations (including public organizations and unions), which are officially registered in Ukraine and have experience in human rights activities.
- The competition does not provide grants to for-profit organizations, political parties, public authorities, local governments, religious communities and private (individuals) and individual entrepreneurs.
For more information, visit International Renaissance Foundation