Southern Africa Youth Project has published the Call for Proposals for Telemedicine Grants in United States closing date 04 June 2021
Southern Africa Youth Project publishes over 100 000 Funding Opportunities, Donor Directories, Tender Documents, Proposals Templates. To access these benefits visit our menu.
PLEASE SEE MORE OPPORTUNITIES BELOW
- Eligible Country: United States
- Closing Date: 04 June 2021
- Categories of Organisations: All organisations
- Opportunity Type: Call for proposal
- Submit Application: Online
- Inviting Company/Donor: U.S Department of Agriculture
- Website for Application and information: Click Here
What does this program do?
The Distance Learning and Telemedicine program helps rural communities use the unique capabilities of telecommunications to connect to each other and to the world, overcoming the effects of remoteness and low population density. For example, this program can link teachers and medical service providers in one area to students and patients in another. To learn more about recently funded DLT projects, Rural Development has developed a map of recently funded DLT projects All upcoming events will be posted on the events program tab.
Who may apply?
For both programs, eligible applicants include most entities that provide education or health care through telecommunications, including:
- Most State and local governmental entities
- Federally-recognized Tribes
- For-profit businesses
- Consortia of eligible entities
DLT 100% grant applications are accepted through a competitive process.
How may the funds be used?
Grant funds may be used for:
- Acquisition of eligible capital assets, such as:
- Broadband facilities
- Audio, video and interactive video equipment
- Terminal and data terminal equipment
- Computer hardware, network components and software
- Inside wiring and similar infrastructure that further DLT services
- Acquisition of instructional programming that is a capital asset
- Acquisition of technical assistance and instruction for using eligible equipment
What kinds of funding are available?
Grant-only funds, awarded through a nationally competitive process – 15% match required
What are the grant terms?
A minimum 15% match is required for grant-only awards (cannot be from another federal source)
Who currently participates in this program?
See our DLT Recipient Directory for a list of current participants.
How do we get started?
- Applications for the grant program are accepted through Grants.gov.
- Program Resources are available online (includes forms, guidance, certifications, etc.)
- Check back here or contact your General Field Representative for additional information
Who can answer questions about this program?
What governs this program?
Why does USDA Rural Development do this?
The Distance Learning and Telemedicine program helps rural residents tap into the enormous potential of modern telecommunications and the Internet for education and health care, two of the keys to economic and community development.
Program details may change over time. Before you begin an application, please confirm you have the most current information by contacting your General Field Representative for assistance, or consult the program instructions listed in the section above titled “What Governs this Program?”