Southern Africa Youth Project has published the Call for Proposals for Sustainable Livelihoods in Nepal closing date 04 March 2021
Southern Africa Youth Project publishes over 100 000 Funding Opportunities, Donor Directories, Tender Documents, Proposals Templates. To access these benefits visit our menu.
PLEASE SEE MORE OPPORTUNITIES BELOW
- Eligible Country: Nepal
- Closing Date: 04 March 2021
- Categories of Organisations: All organisations
- Opportunity Type: Call for proposal
- Submit Application: Online
- Inviting Company/Donor: UN Women
- Website for Application and information: Click Here
UN Women is calling for proposals for Strengthening Women’s Access to Sustainable Livelihoods in the COVID-19 Context.
In this context, UN Women NCO seeks to partner a civil society organization/consortium to provide additional support required to the selected women participants from among 1300 excluded women6 under the ‘Women in Value Chains’ project.
The overall objective of this initiative is to provide additional support to women participants under ‘Women in Value Chains” project to recover their business impacted by COVID-19 and help them move up in the value chain in the emerging market system. The specific objectives of the assignment are as follows:
- To leverage the skills of selected project participants to diversify their products and expand income opportunities through alternative livelihood interventions in the COVID-19 context.
- To promote women collectives through seed fund support and strengthen credit facilities to the women collective members, in particular women MSMEs, to recover and expand their business impacted by COVID-19.
- To generate evidence on the gendered impact of COVID-19 on national and local supply chain/value chains including a review of key MSME policies from a gender lens to inform market linkage strategy to project supported women MSMEs affected by COVID-19.
- To address gender-based barriers and discriminatory norms that limit women’s economic opportunities through community mobilization and policy advocacy, with a focus on gender responsive public procurement and social protection frameworks.
The budget range for this proposal should be [USD 150,000 – USD 175,000]
- Proven technical competencies in the application of human rights-based and feminist approaches to advance gender equality and for ensuring their voices and needs as rights holders.
- Demonstrable organizational experience on women’s economic empowerment, with a particular focus on promoting women’s collectives. Prior experience in digital literacy would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in implementing programmes on gender equality and women’s empowerment, and in formulating result-oriented programme, monitoring programme based on indicators and quality reporting.
- A minimum of five years of experience in community mobilization (men and boys) for gendered social norm change, working with national/international development partners in the areas of gender equality and social inclusion.
- Sound knowledge and technical expertise on gender in humanitarian action.
- Proven organizational experience in building strategic partnerships, connections and networks with relevant partners, including government agencies, community-based organizations, CSOs at the provincial and local level.
- Demonstrable commitment to working with women, girls, other genders that are economically, socially, culturally, or otherwise excluded, excluded and/or marginalized.
For more information, visit UN Women.