Southern Africa Youth Project has published the Call for Proposals for Social Enterprise Development in Europe closing date 31 March 2021
Southern Africa Youth Project publishes over 100 000 Funding Opportunities, Donor Directories, Tender Documents, Proposals Templates. To access these benefits visit our menu.
PLEASE SEE MORE OPPORTUNITIES BELOW
- Eligible Country: Europe
- Closing Date: 31 March 2021
- Categories of Organisations: All organisations
- Opportunity Type: Call for proposal
- Submit Application: Online
- Inviting Company/Donor: The ASEAN Foundation
- Website for Application and information: Click Here
The ASEAN Foundation, with support from GIZ on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and SAP, launches the ASEAN Social Enterprises Development Programme (ASEAN-SEDP).
This programme will provide social enterprises in ASEAN with access to more significant opportunities to improve their ventures through mentorship, facilitation, trade of knowledge from a network of the region’s social enterprises, financing, and access to market places.
This programme aims for better economic progress in the ASEAN region while also impacting the poverty alleviation, working in line towards achieving SDGs. ASEAN-SEDP is designed to build a greater socio-economic condition of the ASEAN region through social enterprises empowerment. In reference to the values of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) and the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community (ASCC), this programme aims to engendering a culture of social entrepreneurship to youths in ASEAN.
The ASEAN Foundation with the support of GIZ and SAP will be implementing the ASEAN Social Enterprise Development Programme (ASEAN SEDP) with the following objectives:
- To sustain youth entrepreneurship through structured capacity building and mentoring programmes;
- To empower youth-led social enterprises across the ASEAN region through
- Promoting productivity, technology and Innovation;
- Increasing access to finance;
- Enhancing market access and internationalization; and
- Promoting entrepreneurship and human capital development;
- To achieve SDG 1 – No Poverty, SDG 3 – Good Health and Well-Being, SDG 4 – Quality Education, SDG 5 – Gender Equality, SDG 12 – Responsible Consumption and Production, and SDG 13 – Climate Action through social enterprises empowerment with specified targets detailed in the challenges Section
Social enterprises from ASEAN countries that are implementing projects and creating products solving challenges related to the SDGs mentioned above with the following qualifications are eligible to apply:
- 50% of the Social Enterprises team members are aged between 18 to 35 years old.
- A team must comprise at least 2 members with at least one team member having ASEAN nationality.
- As part of promoting ASEAN identity and encouraging cross-national and cross-border cooperation, it is desirous that a team consists of at least one member having different ASEAN nationality and/or reside in a different ASEAN country.
- All team members must be currently residing in the following ASEAN countries: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- If selected, each team must be fully committed to participating in the full cycle of the programme
- The social enterprise must be in the early stage of the implementation; its project is local and has been in an operation for more than 5 months (preferable); and it has actively been seeking professional support for scale-up and growth and/or funding.
- Some team members must have good English as the programme will be in English
Important Dates Post Date – 18-Feb-2021 Deadline Date – 31-Mar-2021 Donor Name ASEAN Foundation Grant Size Not Available Category Grant Reference URL https://www.aseanfoundation.org/asean_sedp_call_for_applications_is_now_openBusiness & Industry
Women & Gender
Youth & Adolescents
For more information, visit ASEAN Foundation.