Southern Africa Youth Project has published the Call for Proposals for Research Grants Program in United States closing date 01 May 2021
Southern Africa Youth Project publishes over 100 000 Funding Opportunities, Donor Directories, Tender Documents, Proposals Templates. To access these benefits visit our menu.
PLEASE SEE MORE OPPORTUNITIES BELOW
- Eligible Country: United States
- Closing Date: 01 May 2021
- Categories of Organisations: All organisations
- Opportunity Type: Call for proposal
- Submit Application: Online
- Inviting Company/Donor: The Environmental Research and Education Foundation
- Website for Application and information: Click Here
The Environmental Research and Education Foundation is seeking applications for its Research Grants Program to address all areas of integrated solid waste management, with a strong focus towards research that increased sustainable solid waste management practices.
It should be noted that EREF defines solid waste to include:
- municipal solid waste (e.g. residential, commercial, institutional)
- construction & demolition debris
- certain industrial wastes (e.g. exploration & production waste, coal ash) and
- Other wastes typically managed by the solid waste industry or generated by the public not included in the above items (e.g. electronic waste, disaster debris, etc).
Pre-proposal topics must relate to sustainable solid waste management practices and pertain to the following topic areas:
- Waste minimization
- Waste conversion to energy, biofuels, chemicals or other useful products. This includes, but is not limited to, the following technologies:
- Anaerobic digestion
- Other thermal or biological conversion technologies
- Strategies to promote diversion to higher and better uses (e.g. organics diversion, market analysis, optimized material management, logistics, etc.)
- Previously awarded grants have ranged from $15,000 to over $500,000 with the average grant amount in recent years being $160,000.
- Typical project durations are about 2 years. It should be noted that proposed research in excess of $300,000 or longer than 3 years should contain sufficient details that justify the need for the higher than average amount requested and longer project duration.