Southern Africa Youth Project has published the Call for Proposals for Protection of Migrant in United States and Lebanon closing date 10 May 2021
Southern Africa Youth Project publishes over 100 000 Funding Opportunities, Donor Directories, Tender Documents, Proposals Templates. To access these benefits visit our menu.
PLEASE SEE MORE OPPORTUNITIES BELOW
- Eligible Country: United States and Lebanon
- Closing Date: 10 May 2021
- Categories of Organisations: All organisations
- Opportunity Type: Call for proposal
- Submit Application: Online
- Inviting Company/Donor: The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor
- Website for Application and information: Click Here
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL) has announced an open competition for organizations interested in submitting applications for projects that support the protection of migrant domestic workers subject to the kafala system in Lebanon.
The DRL requests proposals to ensure migrant domestic workers in Lebanon benefit from rights and protections in line with international standards and are no longer subject to the kafala sponsorship system currently in place in the country.
The long-term outcomes of this initiative are that Lebanon’s labor law extends legal protections to all domestic workers, migrant and national, in line with internationally recognized labor standards; the government recognizes autonomous domestic worker organizations; the Migrant Law allows foreign workers to form unions and enjoy full membership in existing unions; and the kafala system is reformed to ensure foreign workers are no longer bound to abusive employers and are afforded freedom of movement.
- Funding Floor: $900,000
- Funding Ceiling: $900,000
- DRL welcomes applications from U.S.-based and foreign-based non-profit organizations/nongovernment organizations (NGO) and public international organizations; private, public, or state institutions of higher education; and for-profit organizations or businesses.
- DRL’s preference is to work with non-profit entities; however, there may be some occasions when a for-profit entity is best suited.
For more information, visit Grants.gov.