Southern Africa Youth Project has published the Call for Proposals for Partnerships Program in Honduras closing date 29 April 2021
Southern Africa Youth Project publishes over 100 000 Funding Opportunities, Donor Directories, Tender Documents, Proposals Templates. To access these benefits visit our menu.
PLEASE SEE MORE OPPORTUNITIES BELOW
- Eligible Country: Honduras
- Closing Date: 29 April 2021
- Categories of Organisations: All organisations
- Opportunity Type: Call for proposal
- Submit Application: Online
- Inviting Company/Donor: The Embassy of the Netherlands
- Website for Application and information: Click Here
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking Summary Applications for a Fixed Amount Award under a renewal grant approach from qualified Honduran entities to implement the “Local Works Honduras Activities”.
Under its current Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS), USAID/Honduras is supporting private, civil society and public sector institutions to build a more prosperous, democratic and safer Honduras. USAID’s programming strengthens partners to promote sustainable economic development, increase security and promote transparency and governance.
This Activity’s goal is to support locally led green economic reactivation which simultaneously reduces solid waste in the environment and decreases risk factors associated with violence in areas heavily affected by COVID-19 and migration. With Local Works funding, USAID/Honduras will support local actors, including the private sector, municipal and local governments, community groups and other entities in the SWM and recycling system to improve their management through locally led innovative, sustainable, business-led approaches to SWM which complement ongoing municipal SWM improvement efforts.
The design includes two strategic objectives:
- Individuals benefiting economically from an improved SWM system.
- Reduction in generation and presence of solid waste in the environment.
- Increased Economic Opportunity in the SWM system
- Increased number of Individuals, households, communities and businesses participating in the SWM.
- Subject to funding availability, USAID anticipates providing approximately $1.7 million in total USAID funding over a five-year period.
- The initial period of performance anticipated herein is not expected to exceed thirty-six (36) months for the initial implementation phase.
- Award Floor: $850,000
Eligibility is restricted to local organizations who have not received more than $5 million directly (as a prime recipient) from USAID in the last five (5) years. Local organizations may include non-profit (NGOs) or for-profit organizations, private voluntary organizations, foundations, colleges and universities, civic groups, faith-based and community institutions, private businesses and associations, Honduran philanthropic organizations, and advocacy groups. USAID encourages applications from potential new partners. For-profit Applicants should note that USAID policy prohibits the payment of fee/profit to the prime Recipient(s) under grants. Only local organizations as defined below are eligible for award. USAID defines a “local entity” as an individual, a corporation, a nonprofit organization, or another body of persons that:
- Is legally organized under the laws of; and
- Has as its principal place of business or operations in; and
- Is majority owned by individuals who are citizens or lawful permanent residents of; and
- Is managed by a governing body the majority of who are citizens or lawful permanent residents of Honduras.
For more information, visit Grants.gov.