The Small Grants Programme (SGP) is a corporate programme of the Global Environment Facility (GEF) implemented by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) since 1992.
The GEF SGP will support small scale projects relating to the 5 thematic areas, for activities that conserve and restore the environment while enhancing people’s wellbeing and livelihoods, taking into consideration gender, vulnerability and equality concerns.
- Community landscape/seascape conservation
- Climate smart innovative agro-ecology
- Low carbon energy access co-benefits
- Local to global chemical management coalitions
- CSO-government policy and planning dialogue platforms
- Promoting social inclusion: i. Gender mainstreaming ii. Youth involvement iii. Indigenous Peoples fellowships.
The maximum grant amount obtainable per project is US$ 30,000
However, in exceptional cases US$ 50,000 may be considered
Maximum duration is 24 months.
Civil society organizations (CSOs) with priority for national and local non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs) and scientific communities, advocating for the rights of persons with disability, women, and children.
For more information, visit UNDP