Southern Africa Youth Project has published the Call for Proposals for Enhancing Women Entrepreneurship closing date 26 May 2021
Southern Africa Youth Project publishes over 100 000 Funding Opportunities, Donor Directories, Tender Documents, Proposals Templates. To access these benefits visit our menu.
PLEASE SEE MORE OPPORTUNITIES BELOW
- Eligible Country: Africa
- Closing Date: 26 May 2021
- Categories of Organisations: All organisations
- Opportunity Type: Call for proposal
- Submit Application: Online
- Inviting Company/Donor: The African Development Bank
- Website for Application and information: Click Here
Affirmative Finance Action for Women in Africa (AFAWA), is a flagship program that specifically focuses on increasing inclusive finance for women entrepreneurs on the continent. AFAWA’s primary objective is to bridge the $42 billion finance gap for women entepreneurs in Africa and to unlock their entrepreneurial capacity and full potential.
The call for proposals will be financed through the Gender Equality Trust Fund (GETF) of the Africa Development Bank Group.
Through the proposed interventions, the enablers must demostrate increased access to finance, skills and mentorship. The Bank seeks proposals that demonstrate the following themes:
- Track record in supporting women SMEs
- Innovation and strong development impact;
- Mobilization of additional funding;
- Partnership with both public and private sectors;
- Additionality and value for money;
- Long term plan and sustainability.
- Collaboration between two or several applicant enablers.
Submitted proposals will:
- Demonstrate innovative approaches to build a supportive ecosystem for women’s
- entrepreneurship aimed at improving access to finance for WSMEs,
- Develop innovative ways to disseminate advisory services adressing capacity constraints,
- skills enhancement and digital presences for WSMEs,
- Enhance visibility and access to mentorship and role models for WSMEs.
- Funding requests may be for a specific project or for an indicative program of several projects, or over several countries.
- The minimum threshold for requesting funding from this call for proposal is USD 100,000 and the maximum threshold is USD 250,000.