Southern Africa Youth Project has published the Call for Proposals for Drehid Grant in Ireland closing date 21 March 2021
Southern Africa Youth Project publishes over 100 000 Funding Opportunities, Donor Directories, Tender Documents, Proposals Templates. To access these benefits visit our menu.
PLEASE SEE MORE OPPORTUNITIES BELOW
- Eligible Country: Ireland
- Closing Date: 21 March 2021
- Categories of Organisations: All organisations
- Opportunity Type: Call for proposal
- Submit Application: Online
- Inviting Company/Donor: The Kildare County Council
- Website for Application and information: Click Here
The Kildare County Council is pleased to announce applications for Drehid Grant Scheme 2021 to provide financial assistance to community organizations located within a 9km radius of the Drehid Facility to fund environmental, recreational and community projects which will mitigate the impact of the landfill facility on the local community.
Kildare County Council (the Council) is the democratically elected unit of Local Government in County Kildare and is responsible for providing a range of services to meet the economic, social and cultural needs of the people of their County.
The scheme is designed to support environmental, recreational and community projects that will mitigate the impact of the landfill facility on the local community. Mitigation may involve the following areas:
- Climate action
- Improved waste management (reducing and/or recycling waste initiatives)
- Resource conservation (such as reducing water use)
- Biodiversity enhancements to benefit wildlife
- Sustainable travel and transport projects.
The maximum application grant amount is capped at €25,000. Up to three years will be allowed for any proposed larger projects which might require phasing (i.e. up to €25,000 per year for three years).
Who/what is not included in the scheme?
- Grants are not available to individuals/organizations that are engaged in business for profit activities.
- Operational expenses e.g. rent, energy costs, insurance costs are not eligible for funding under the terms of the scheme.
- Expenditure incurred prior to grant approval will not be funded.
- Residents’ Associations.
- Lawnmowers, annual plants, entertainment expenses, training costs, Christmas parties, outings, travel costs and clothing are not funded.
- In relation to schools or Parent Teacher Associations – works, projects or equipment which are deemed the financial responsibility of the Department of Education and Skills.
Important Dates Post Date – 16-Mar-2021 Deadline Date – 21-Mar-2021 Donor Name Kildare County Council Grant Size $10,000 to $100,000 Category Grant Reference URL http://kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/AllServices/Community/CommunityGrants/DrehidCommunityGrantScheme/
For more information, visit Kildare County Council.