Southern Africa Youth Project has published the Call for Proposals for Dock Community Fund in United Kingdom closing date 26 April 2021
Southern Africa Youth Project publishes over 100 000 Funding Opportunities, Donor Directories, Tender Documents, Proposals Templates. To access these benefits visit our menu.
PLEASE SEE MORE OPPORTUNITIES BELOW
- Eligible Country: United Kingdom
- Closing Date: 23 April 2021
- Categories of Organisations: All organisations
- Opportunity Type: Call for proposal
- Submit Application: Online
- Inviting Company/Donor: The London Dock Community Fund
- Website for Application and information: Click Here
The London Dock Community Fund, set up by St George City Ltd and managed by East End Community Foundation (EECF), aims to make the local area around the London Dock development a better place to live, work and visit.
It offers grants to support local community organisations in the wards of St Katharine’s & Wapping and Shadwell in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
Types of Grants
- Small Grants
- Grants will generally cover one-off items of expenditure such as equipment, social outings, classes or training. The London Dock Community Fund actively encourages applications for gardening or environmental projects, as well as projects which provide employability support for local residents.
- To ensure funding is distributed fairly, there are limits for certain types of grants:
- A maximum of £250 is available per day trip, outing or event
- For classes, a maximum of £30 per hour for tutor costs (e.g. exercise, language, arts tutors) is available.
- Summer Programme
- The London Dock Community Fund will support organisations that offer quality summer provision for children and young people that provides a tangible impact on improving motivation and engagement with education and work readiness, increasing personal development, increasing access to new cultural experiences and reducing the likelihood of anti-social behaviour.
- Grants are available to quality projects which:
- Provide positive activities in the summer holidays for children and young people from St Katharine’s & Wapping and Shadwell wards
- Demonstrate attractive provision designed to stimulate interest in new activities that has been designed in consultation with young people
- Are inclusive and bring young people from different communities together
- Work in partnership with other providers in order increase capacity and avoid duplication of services
- The total value of the fund is £18,000 per year:
- Small Grants – grants of up to £500 to support one-off items of expenditure such as equipment, social outings, classes or training
- Summer Programme – grants of up to £3,000 to support positive summer holiday activities for children and young people
To be eligible to apply, organisations must:
- be a not-for-profit organisation that is formally constituted i.e. have a signed governing document in the group’s name
- be connected with and meeting the needs of the local community in St Katharine’s & Wapping and Shadwell
- have at least two unrelated management committee members if they are an unincorporated organisation or voluntary group
- have good financial management procedures, including a record of income and expenditure
- have a bank account in the name of the group, with at least two unrelated cheque signatories
- have a safeguarding policy in place if working with young people and children under the age of 18 or vulnerable adults
- Applications from organisations that have a financial deficit will not be considered.
For more information, visit London Dock Community Fund.