Southern Africa Youth Project has published the Call for Proposals for COVID 19 Response Grants in United States closing date 26 February 2021
Southern Africa Youth Project publishes over 100 000 Funding Opportunities, Donor Directories, Tender Documents, Proposals Templates. To access these benefits visit our menu.
PLEASE SEE MORE OPPORTUNITIES BELOW
- Eligible Country: United States
- Closing Date: 26 February 2021
- Categories of Organisations: All organisations
- Opportunity Type: Call for proposal
- Submit Application: Online
- Inviting Company/Donor: The DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Fund
- Website for Application and information: Click Here
The DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Fund (DCCRF), a component pass through fund within the DeKalb County Community Foundation, was created in collaboration with various local funding partners.
The Fund’s purpose is to be a depository for contributions intended to respond to the effects of COVID-19 in DeKalb County by distributing grants in the areas of preparedness, response, recovery, and/or rebuilding efforts.
Priority areas for funding include requests that are meeting basic human needs of residents in the county, including but not limited to emergency food and basic supplies, interim housing and shelter, primary health care services, utility and financial assistance, supports for children and other vulnerable populations, and nonprofit safety and operations assistance.
When applying for a grant, please note the following:
- The DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Fund is designed to assist with the needs of nonprofit and public sector service providers that are in direct response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Grants are made to nonprofit and public sector service providers that serve DeKalb County, IL.
- For-profit entities are not eligible to apply at this time
- Organizations must have local leadership in the form of a board of directors or advisory committee, local financial support, and local program management and accountability. In the case of nationally or regionally sponsored organizations, no portion of the grant can be used to support the national, state, or regional entity.
- Grants are made for operating, program, and capital needs that are in demand because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Receiving a grant during any particular Community Foundation grant cycle will not preclude applicant from receiving a DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Fund Grant in the future.
- Preference is given to requests that can demonstrate urgency, timeliness, and impact.
- Agencies are encouraged to maximize these dollars through matching grants with other donors when possible
- Grants cannot be used for the following:
- To fund endowments, contingency funds, reserves, interest, or taxes.
- For sectarian or religious purposes or for organizations operated primarily for the benefit of their own membership.
- For the payment of political organizations or campaigns.
- To purchase benefit tickets, respond to telephone solicitations, or national fund-raising efforts.
- For any purpose that discriminates as to race, creed, sex, ethnic group, or any other protected class.
For more information, visit DCCRF.