Southern Africa Youth Project has published the Call for Proposals for Community Impact Fund in United States closing date 19 February 2021
Southern Africa Youth Project publishes over 100 000 Funding Opportunities, Donor Directories, Tender Documents, Proposals Templates. To access these benefits visit our menu.
PLEASE SEE MORE OPPORTUNITIES BELOW
- Eligible Country: United States
- Closing Date: 19 February 2021
- Categories of Organisations: All organisations
- Opportunity Type: Call for proposal
- Submit Application: Online
- Inviting Company/Donor: The Nike Community Impact Fund
- Website for Application and information: Click Here
The Nike Community Impact Fund is now accepting applications for two funding opportunities: Portland Metro and Northern Willamette Valley and Community Store – Northeast Portland
The Nike Community Impact Fund was established at Oregon Community Foundation in 2010. Through this fund, Nike employees work with OCF to award at least $550,000 per year to nonprofits and schools in the Metropolitan Portland region, the Northern Willamette Valley and in southwest Washington.
- Nike believes in the power of sport to unleash human potential and build community. It fuels this belief through Made to Play, its commitment to getting kids moving through play and sport so that they can lead healthier, happier and more successful lives.
- The fund supports grassroots organizations (nonprofits, community centers and local schools) to get kids moving, bringing the benefits of sport to their communities, giving kids an opportunity to fall in love with sport and physical activity, and creating stronger communities where play, sport and physical activity are a highly valued part of everyday life. NCIF is an innovative approach to grantmaking that engages a committee of Nike employees to advise where grants are awarded where they live and work.
- Emphasis is placed on inclusive programs that serve underrepresented populations.
- Portland Metro and Northern Willamette Valley: The employee grant selection committee recommends organizations to receive one-year awards of $5,000 to $25,000 for a total of $500,000 in grants each year. Seventy five percent of grant awards support projects that deliver impact through the lens of sport and physical activity, while the remaining 25 percent support organizations and projects that address community challenges through innovative community-based solutions.
- Community Store – Northeast Portland: The store employees will recommend organizations to receive one-year awards of $5,000 to $10,000 for a total of $50,000 in grants each year. 100 percent of grant awards support projects that deliver impact through the lens of sport and physical activity.
- Nike Community Impact Fund – Portland Metro and Northern Willamette Valley: Grant applications are accepted from nonprofits and schools in the Metropolitan Portland area and Northern Willamette Valley, specifically Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington, Yamhill, Columbia, Clark, Linn, Benton, Marion and Polk counties.
- Nike Community Impact Fund – Community Store – Northeast Portland Only. Grant applications are accepted from organizations serving the following zip codes in Northeast Portland only: 97203, 97211, 97212, 97213, 97214, 97215, 97217, 97218, 97220, 97227, 97232.
- Applications are accepted from organizations that are a 501(c)(3) public charity, an IRC 7871 Federally Recognized Indian Tribe, or a government entity such as a school.
For more information, visit The Foundation.