he New Zealand Embassy Fund for Argentina and Paraguay: Call for Proposals 2020-2021
The Fund supports community projects in small scale that contribute to increase the wellbeing of a community in the short term. The projects must be in line with the mission of the New Zealand Embassy Fund, which seeks “sustainable development in developing countries, in order to reduce poverty and contribute to a more secure, equitable, and prosperous world.”
The New Zealand Embassy will support activities and projects in the areas of:
- Social and economic inclusion
- Climate change and resilience
- Transparency and citizen participation
- Gender equality
- Social and/or health issues related to COVID-19 pandemic.
Projects with gender perspective, that can generate a major impact in the promotion of human rights and the environment will be specially considered.
Recipients will be non-governmental organizations and community groups committed to non-profit development activities. Recipients mut have legal status and a bank account under the name of the organization. Funding will not be provided to individuals.
The call is open for organizations in Argentina and Paraguay.
Projects must be specific and have duration of up to 6 months.
Projects must be ended by June 2021.
- Political, religious or evangelical activities. Religious associations will not be excluded as long as the proposed project is consistent with the purpose of the New Zealand Embassy Fund, does not exclude followers of other religions and the funds are not used to support proselytizing activities.
- Individual student scholarships
- International travels/participation in conferences abroad
- Sporting tours
- Financing of operational costs of the benefited association, such as wages and salaries, office supplies, and communications.
- Seed funding
- Capital assets: vehicles, computers
Professional fees for external services will only be considered by a percentage that does not exceed the 20% of what is requested.
The maximum amount per project will be up to NZD $25,000, or the equivalent in local currency.
The selected projects must complete a partial progress report and a final report.
The payments will be made in 3 (three) installments, as laid out in the following table:
- 1st payment: 40%
- 2nd payment: 40% (after delivery of progress report)
- 3rd payment: 20% (after delivery of final report)
Those in charge of the accepted projects must commit to confirm that they have received the goods and/or services requested and that they were used as established in the application form. All funded projects must be available for monitoring by visiting members of the New Zealand Embassy.
The Argentine Network for International Cooperation (RACI) will be responsible for receiving the applications. The Application Form (available at the end of this call for proposals) must be sent duly completed to fondoembajadaNZ@raci.org.ar before the deadline.
All applications must be submitted as follows:
- Clearly written on the application form; additional information can be attached.
- Accompanied by budgets and purchase orders from suppliers of good and services when necessary.
- The form must be signed by a member responsible for the applicant organization.
- Send it via email to: fondoembajadaNZ@raci.org.ar
- Those applications sent after the deadline will be out of the selection process. Only one project per organization will be received.
The deadline to submit the projects is Tuesday, November 24th, 2020 at 6pm (Buenos Aires time).
For more information, contact:
New Zealand Embassy Fund Manager