Southern Africa Youth Project has published the Call for Proposals for Activation Fund Program in United States closing date 29 April 2021
Southern Africa Youth Project publishes over 100 000 Funding Opportunities, Donor Directories, Tender Documents, Proposals Templates. To access these benefits visit our menu.
PLEASE SEE MORE OPPORTUNITIES BELOW
- Eligible Country: United States
- Closing Date: 29 April 2021
- Categories of Organisations: All organisations
- Opportunity Type: Call for proposal
- Submit Application: Online
- Inviting Company/Donor: The Health Foundation of Central Massachusetts
- Website for Application and information: Click Here
The Health Foundation of Central Massachusetts is seeking applications for its Activation Fund Program 2021.
The Health Foundation’s mission and complement its Synergy Initiative grant projects, while generating action beyond the routine. Envisioned somewhat as a venture capital fund, this funding avenue is intended to support discrete projects in Central Massachusetts that activate:
- Creative and innovative approaches to alleviating community health concerns;
- A community organization’s movement to the next level of capacity and effectiveness, which the organization can sustain (The Health Foundation does not consider a project to be sustainable if ongoing fundraising efforts are required);
- Partnerships to address health issues with new strategies;
- And/or the exploration of emerging health challenges and opportunities.
In general, grants are one year in duration. Previous grants made have ranged from $10,000 to $100,000, with an average grant size of just under $60,000. The chance of an Activation Fund Letter of Intent being funded is roughly one in five.
The Health Foundation does not support:
- Projects outside of Central Massachusetts;
- Capital campaigns;
- Fund drives or sponsorship of events;
- Scholarships; or
- The retirement of operating deficits.
- The Health Foundation accepts applications from IRS designated tax-exempt non-profit organizations or government entities (e.g. municipalities, school districts, etc.).
- The project must also fall within our service area, which consists of Worcester County and some surrounding towns.
- If only a portion of the project falls within their service area, applicants should seek co-funding that will support the portion of the project outside their service area.
For more information, visit The Health Foundation of Central Massachusetts.